Completed application for insurance for my wife and myself. Agreed to pay for a month in advance so coverage would be bound upon approval.

Was notified by letter that the company had not bound coverage and that no money would be taken out until coverage was approved. I requested a full refund. Instead, the company sent me a check with bogus reasons why they "Declined" coverage and refunded the money. And, as of yet, I have only received half of the money refunded.

Their effort to decline instead of refund the premium will show in the insurance bureau records for any time I purchase other insurance. I will have to use legal action to correct their careless and "hateful" retaliation because we cancelled and asked for a refund based upon their errors. After receiving a letter for both me and my spouse that no moneys would be withdrawn, they withdrew money unexpectedly which caused an overdraft fee. Their only saving grace is that they are cheap.

Now we know why they are cheap! Time to notify the state insurance department.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Show my money as refunds not declined insurance allowing for easier insurability in the future... and a full refund without the extra crap!.

Comments