With Genworth Life Insurance Company, If you have an annuity that pays you money, you have to sign and notarize a form that you are still alive every year, to receive benefit payments without interruption. Now my bank will not do this and it is really inconvenient to find someone who will do it!

They don't even send a self stamped envelope and will not reimburse you, if you have to pay for the notarization. If you call them on the telephone, how do they know who they are talking to?

Maybe they should come to your house and take a fingerprint every year at their own expense. No other company I do business with puts you through such a hassle.

Product or Service Mentioned: Genworth Annuity.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Proof of life is an inconvenience and the threat of your annuity being cut to seniors is stressful.. If a person dies it is the banks responsible to notify the insurance co.

I sent it in and I than got another notice.

had to call to make sure they got which they did. With this policy I would never recommend Genworth.

Our attorney is weighing the options of filing a class-action suit against Genworth for their "Proof of Life" requirement as an age discrimination case. Especially given that all insurance companies receive daily death certificate reports.